Ruairi CharlesworthHead of Business Development, Highway Data Systems
Ruairi Charlesworth has worked across a number of technical and commercial roles for 12 years in the asphalt construction industry, gaining experience on highways, airfields and defence estate infrastructure projects.
As head of business development for Highway Data Systems he is responsible for promoting intelligent construction technology in both the UK and the USA. Ruairi he has helped gain market acceptance for intelligent construction technology and worked closely with national research organisations in the development of new specifications for the use of technology in highway and airfield construction.
Ruairi holds a masters’ degree in Management & International Business and is a member of the Institute of Asphalt Technology and the Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 28 November 2023
Automating On-Site Quality Assurance through Sensors, GPS, Lasers, and Software.
- Highway Data Systems have been providing technology to contractors on the Transport Scotland network which are automating quality assurance during asphalt construction.
- This talk with discuss the technology and work undertaken by the Automatic Data Capture Working Group to develop a world-first method compaction specification for asphalt compaction compliance.
Debate: "AI is the Future of Asset Management"
- Panellists will raise points in support and/or against the stated motion, welcoming input from the audience.
- Where are we on the AI journey currently?
- What does AI offer asset managers and road planners?
- What are the potential pitfalls and challenges that come with its use?