William BeardallCTO of Artificial Intelligence, AIM Group
William Beardall serves as the CTO of AI at AIM Group, focussed on leveraging often-sparse monitoring data for the detection and prediction of structural defects. This critical work is optimising maintenance cost efficiency and aims to bolster structure longevity. William's PhD delivered large predictive computational models used in synthetic biology from Imperial College London, notably, his collaborative contribution to the field has been recognised with award from the International Machine Learning community at ICML. With a unique blend of academic rigor and practical know-how, William brings a nuanced understanding of AI's transformative potential across industries and can help asset managers realise efficiencies at the portfolio level.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 28 November 2023
Cleveland Bridge in Bath: Artificial Intelligence and Monitoring of a Complex Structure
- Concerns over the structural integrity of Cleveland Bridge in Bath arose due to section loss on corroded steel hanger bars.
- AI powered analysis of displacements and strains provides confidence in understanding the structure’s operational behaviour.
- Load testing allowed the distribution of forces across the supports to be evaluated under a range of load configurations.
Debate: "AI is the Future of Asset Management"
- Panellists will raise points in support and/or against the stated motion, welcoming input from the audience.
- Where are we on the AI journey currently?
- What does AI offer asset managers and road planners?
- What are the potential pitfalls and challenges that come with its use?